The two best-known brands of vacuum model are Hoover and Dyson. Now if you want to buy any one of them, then you have to go through the features of both the models and compare the two. You can buy any one of the models whichever suits to your choice and expectations. I will draw the comparison between Hoover and Dyson so that it will be easy for you to make a choice.
First I would like to make you aware of the history of both the models – Hoover vs Dyson in brief.
History of Hoover- In 1908, it was established in Ohio. In the early and mid of twentieth century, it became dominant in the market. It was invented by James Spangler.
History of Dyson – It was founded by James Dyson and is considered the newer company that came into limelight due to its advanced vacuum cleaner technology.
Dyson vs Hoover
- Variety of models- You will find that range of vacuum cleaners in Hoover is much larger than Dyson. Both bagged, and bagless models are offered by Hoover while Dyson deals with bagless cleaners. Hoover also pay attention to commercial vacuum cleaners whereas Dyson is associated with the domestic market. Hoover offers a large number of models as compared to Dyson.
- Physical Structures:
- Cord- You will observe that Hoover possess longer cord than Dyson. On the Hoover, you have to coil the wire manually. However, Dyson has an automatic rewind cord.
- Dirt Capacity- The capability to catch dust is 50% larger in Dyson as compare to Hoover.
- Cleaning Head- 7 different floor height settings are featured in Hoover that you quickly adjust. On the contrary, the cleaning head of Dyson is self-adjusting.
- Filter- Hoover has the carbon filter that absorbs smells whereas in Dyson filter is absent to clean.
- Technology- A standard wheel design is used in Hoover whereas Dyson enjoys “big ball technology.” The Hoover motor lays out a lot of heat. The Hoover pulls up fine particles, and Dyson sucks up well the large particles.
- Warranty – A 2-year manufacturer’s warranty is mentioned in Hoover Wind Tunnel, but Dyson ball has the 5-year warranty.
- Durability- The Dyson DC40 is made of ABS and polycarbonate, so it maintains its strength as compared to Hoover.
- The width of the Nozzle- The nozzle width of Hoover wind tunnel is larger than Dyson DC40. It comes in 13.5 inches, and the Dyson DC40 Origin has 12.2 inches.
- The length of the Hose- The hose length of Hoover Wind Tunnel and Dyson DC40 Origin is 8 and 15.3 feet respectively.
- Tools –The Dyson DC40 comprises the combination tool and a stair tool. On the other hand, Hoover Wind Tunnel Includes Crevice tool, an air-powered hand tool, dusting brush,12” extension wand.
To get the accurate picture of Dyson vs Hoover, I will make the assessment in tabular form so that you can make out the difference quickly. Go through the specifications to get insight details of Hoover Wind Tunnel and Dyson Ball.
Comparison of Dyson and Hoover
|Feature||HOOVER WIND TUNNEL||DYSON BALL|
|Surface Height adjustments||5||Automatic|
|Filter Wash Indication||Yes||No|
|Power Cord Length||27 ft||30 ft|
|Hose Length||About 8 ft(max. stretched)||About 15ft(max.stretched)|
Now the question is which vacuum model tool is better among Hoover and Dyson?
Both are great options, so there no clear-cut benchmarks to know which one is better to buy. You can make a choice by keeping your requirements and preferences in priority.
Hoover Wind Tunnel is well-intentioned for you if you are on a budget and are not concerned about the stability of the vacuum. On the other side if you prefer more lightweight vacuum and desire for best suction power with the value for money, then make a choice of Dyson DC40 Origin. If you undergo the reviews, then you will find that the reviews of Dyson are better than the Hoover as it is older than Hoover.
The users have the positive viewpoint of Dyson as it does not require adjustment for floor cleaning. It ensures it spontaneously and maintains persistent controlling suction.